Ae92 4ag(t)e Help

Hi everyone,

I'm considering to buy a ae92 with a half complete 4agze engine swap, that was intended to be turboed. Apparently the car does not come with the supercharger, ecu etc etc. So I'm left with the engine and most of the other stuff.

I have a spare set of twin turbos that i took off my 2jzgte (from an aristo) and I was thinking whether I can bolt one or even both of those turbos on the 4agze engine. I'm just not really sure if the CT20 (I'm pretty sure this is the model of the stock 2jz turbo?) is a good idea and will run well on the 4agze. I'm pretty sure that a custom manifold will need to be made up, however this is a budget build and I am just considering a custom log manifold. I'm also not really sure if the stock manual will hold up to the power if I wished to turbo the 4agze. The AE92 is a CS model and has 5 speed, not sure about what the gearbox name is though.

Ive been looking through the threads about turboing the 4A engine but all I'm seeing is "get a t25". I'm looking forward to you corolla enthusiests's help, I do no have that much knowledge of corollas or the 4 cyl toyotas, since I have mostly been researching and working on the 2jzs/1jzs.

Cheers, Tommy

Members dont see this ad

hey mate, most defs in the long run the turbo would suit the motor better,

Ebay have some turbo manifolds to suint the 4a motor so that should get you out of that part (unsure of flange mounting)

low mount manifold

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kelway-4AGE-4AGZE-A...=item4aa0c8f432

high mount

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HIGH-FLOW-TURBO-MAN...=item563bf00c99