Ae86 Struts/brakes To Ke30

Ive searched but I havent found a straight up answer to my question.

first up I'm putting a bigport stock 4AGE into a KE30. I want to register the thing, it will be a daily driver, not for drift/burnouts nor huge HP. I want to be able to keep my 13inch mags.

Q1 - Will AE86 either jdm ar adm struts/hubs/calipers/discs and steering arms bolt straight onto my ke30?

Q2 - if so can I simply use my ke30 steering arms?

Q2 - Will this be ample braking for my needs as I was going to keep the rear brakes/drums stock?

any info would be appreciated

Jason

Members dont see this ad
Q1 - Will AE86 either jdm ar adm struts/hubs/calipers/discs and steering arms bolt straight onto my ke30?

Q2 - if so can I simply use my ke30 steering arms?

Q2 - Will this be ample braking for my needs as I was going to keep the rear brakes/drums stock?

I don't think you've searched that hard. But anywhat

A1 - Yes but no. Use the ke30 top hat thing of the strut that bolts to the car body - i've said it more then the once

A2 - No - the bolt spacing for the strut to the steering arm is different. Its been said more then the once as well.

(there's even been a thread started up on brake conversions for the ke3x,5x and 7x)

A2 - Could say yes but i'm not, instead search have a google for things like "Bendix Brakes" and do a comparison between the ae86 and the ke30/55 and see what you come up with.

"I don't think you've searched that hard. But anywhat" an assumption on your behalf. Many topics relating to corona/celica to corolla upgrades but not much info for someone wanting to run 13 inch rims.

"i've said it more then the once" ???

Thank you for the info

found this pic and added in a pic of my ke30 steering arm that I removed from the car and photographed today if its of any interest to anyone.

Corollaarmscompared.jpg

Kinda interesting the pix but at the same time cause there's at least one wrong in the picture

KE30 - the bolt spacing for the strut is wrong. Its narrower then the ae86.

The arm for the ae70 as far as i know its the same bolt spacing as for the ae86, same as the ke70. But that its if their running the same struts as the ae86. Other then that the ke70 runs the same steering arms as the ke30.

Anywhat a bit of a google will tell you that the ae86 ran 13" rims

• 3 months later...

I actually ended up buying TA22 celica steering arms. The celica arms have the adjustable stopper like the ke30. From memory they measure 85mm, I'm not sure if they'll fit as I havent got the struts yet. When cash permits Ill just buy hub/struts/callipers in 1 hit as complete units form an 86 and take it from there.

The ta22 steering arm will fit the ball joint on the ke30's control arm - they use the same ball joint. But i'd say the strut will not fit the steering arm. TA22 will be wider

But to be sure it wouldn't be that hard to disconnect the strut from the steering arm, lever the control arm down and see if the ta22 steering arm will fit. It'll just need some thought into how to lever the control am down.