Gjm85's Ke20

GJM85

Drove past a KE20 in the front yard of some guys house. [FORSALE] It's mine. Haven't had the time to get to know it yet. Picking it up tomorrow.

White, low, original wheels with Firestones, 3k 4 speed. O R I G I N A L.

Where do I go from here? The left road leads to restoration. The right road leads to an overhaul. The finances are there.

How much work goes into an AGE motor conversion? Or do I take the K motor road.

I want a quick little weekender. Unnoticeable but noticeable and I don't want to hear all the old "do your research newb," rubbish. I just need some ideas and a little know how.

Where, oh where do I go from here?

Edited by GJM85

Members dont see this ad
ok cool.

thanks for the input. your a wonderful crowd.

f@$k sunshine, it's the weekend.....some people on here do things on the weekend aside from lurking here. you're lucky i've got a busted thumb and can't drive anywhere/do anything!

i'll keep this short and sharp.

if yuo hva ethe finances, you'll (most likely) be better off going a 4AGE. EFI, much more aftermarket goodies, and "easier" to get parts for.

how much work does the body need? if it's got rust anywhere other than the bonnet and front guards, just pull it from the road and do a complete overhaul.

else, grab a 5 spd and put in a 4k (and a mild cam) which will give it enough poke to be a happy lil weekender.

Edited by dfunkt

f@$k sunshine, it's the weekend.....some people on here do things on the weekend aside from lurking here. you're lucky i've got a busted thumb and can't drive anywhere/do anything!

i'll keep this short and sharp.

if yuo hva ethe finances, you'll (most likely) be better off going a 4AGE. EFI, much more aftermarket goodies, and "easier" to get parts for.

how much work does the body need? if it's got rust anywhere other than the bonnet and front guards, just pull it from the road and do a complete overhaul.

else, grab a 5 spd and put in a 4k (and a mild cam) which will give it enough poke to be a happy lil weekender.

I like the age idea. thanks for the input.

I just picked the car up this morning. Got it real cheap. I'm going to start a build thread now. I think I know where i'll be going with this car.