78 Corolla Front Suspension

rmprob

I recently bought a 1978 2dr corolla, It has a 3k and 4spd, I am wanting to have it ready for autocross next year, I am looking for better and hopefully adjustable struts. I will more than likely do a coil-over conversion and mount new perches. Are there any struts readily available? Any inserts that are adjustable? If not I have found on here that people are using Ra40 struts, are these a direct fit or do they require modification? I hope I am not being too difficult, but my internet searches are not yielding many results.

Members dont see this ad

It has been covered more then a few times on the forum.

Corona (RT104?)struts fit - but with a few mods.

RA40 struts like you said - not sure about mods or anything.

T-18(te72)/AE86 struts are the easiest to fit. Basically need the steering arms from either the T-18, AE86, Corona, Celica as long as it used the 51mm diameter strut and also swap the top hat (the part that bolts the strut to the car body) and your fairly set.

All this struts take the 51mm shock absorber. Good range of shockies. They all can be modified for a coil-over setup, but if your aiming for coil-overs go straight for the Corona cause the main mod in fitting it into the Corolla is swapping spring hats from the corona to the corolla.