Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gearbox Gearstick Has Become Loose

Featured Replies

Hi guys

I successfully bush/desert rally a KE30 fitted with a 5K and a (KE70 I think) 5 speed box

It's been fantastic over the past couple of years, but the gearstick now feels as though (perhaps) it's mounting nut or whatever may have become loose or dislodged

If you keep a downward pressure on the stick as you change gears , everything works fine,........but if you don't keep the pressure down, or you lift the stick, it won't select any gears

 

I'm not a mechanic, I'm a little bit handy, but I know zip about gearboxes

 

Is this something I can reasonably easily fix myself, or do I take it to a mechanic?

 

I don't mind removing the box, but I don't have the experience to strip and refit the gears

 

Thanks for your help

 

Cheers pete

Sounds more like a shifter housing issue than anything with the gears themselves.

Try pulling out all of the rubber boots etc over the shifter so you can see the box. Have a look around the shifter housing and see if there's something not right. Could be as simple as the spring that holds in the shifter has wiggled past the circlip and loosened off some pressure.

+1 i reckon its the circlip. it popped out on my t50 once going through an intersection and i couldnt get any gears! haha. lift the covers and under the little rubber boot you should see the circlip. all you need is a 10mm socket to get the 1st cover off.

  • Author
+1 i reckon its the circlip. it popped out on my t50 once going through an intersection and i couldnt get any gears! haha. lift the covers and under the little rubber boot you should see the circlip. all you need is a 10mm socket to get the 1st cover off.

 

 

thanks guys, I'll give it a go

cheers pete

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.