Jump to content

Taz_Rx

Tech Moderator
  • Content Count

    6,706
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    37

Everything posted by Taz_Rx

  1. Well it doesn't look like it would actually run very well... because there's nothing done to the fuel system.
  2. Is that really poly pipe and duct tape? ๐Ÿคจ
  3. Why not just buy a gasket to use as I template and have a ladder cutting place cut you one? I've done this before with other exhaust flanges and even the copper em30 group buy I once organised.
  4. Hot tip... get a freight quote through e-go.com ๐Ÿ˜‰ ... your welcome
  5. K-t slave is on the other side of the bell. You can use a liteace flywheel. I had some random 200mm k lightened flywheel that I got from Sheldon aka blown5k that had a different bolt pattern and had it re-drilled to suit. You could just do the same to any k flywheel and have the contact area re-machined to 200mm. It wouldn't cost much.
  6. That build was over ten years ago. Car ram 8's
  7. Took a bit of searching. Pics of k-t clutch here....
  8. This is my exedy hdcb clutch plate. Makes the little 3 puck k-t thing look pathetic. I'll see if I can find a pic of it.
  9. Why would you modify the hydraulic? I've just switched from a cable to a hydro. I just got a brand new set of ta22 master and slave of eBay for about $80 iirc, then just made up a braided line. It's not a hard process to convert. There's more space within the hydro bell housing so it actually allows you to run a bigger 200mm ae71/te72 etc clutch kit, as opposed to the 180mm kit designed for k-t.
  10. I'll just leave this here... ๐Ÿ˜
  11. With the rate at which those things spool on a 4k, Stu.... I reckon it'll last maybe 2 or 3 boostings hahaha. I can only imagine the wheel speed. 60rwKW is probably an easily achievable goal. I made 70kw at 10psi with the old tdo4l setup on a 4k.
  12. I'm never going to dis you for turboing a k mate. Instead of the usual 'why bother, just put a 4age in it' comment.... fucking sheep. Just do yourself a favour and don't use anything but a stock cam. Response will be great, but top end a little dismal. Just crack another gear ๐Ÿ˜‰
  13. Or maybe just refer to the post above which says all parts sold?
  14. It's that a ct12? They're a bit too small for a k really
  15. Run in k's done. Fluids change today. Now to see how long I need to wait to get it back on the rollers!
  16. At the moment, an s15 ball bearing t28
  17. Haha ok Dave Drives really well Stu. The clutch was a little intermittent to start with, sometimes it was ok, sometimes it was a switch. Seems to have beaded in a bit now though and getting used to it. Can't wait to get some more boost into it. I'll drive it to Burnie and back next week then run in will be done. Oil change and I'll try and get it back on the dyno in about a fortnight.
  18. Huh... face to name? I'm not too sure. That was just gate pressure. I don't think it drops like that with the boost controller switched on. We'll see inn a couple more weeks i guess! Otherwise i mighty have a bit of an unhealthy turbo.
  19. So about time I did an update.... The Tuesday dyno session didn't go quite as planned. Andy was chasing an ignition breakdown on #4. Just intermittent spark. It was running on 3 a bit when I drove it down to him but I thought it was just the bad tune. I popped into the workshop at about 430pm (expected to have it back by then) and he seemed a little frustrated. We quickly deduced it wasn't a coil issue, but wiring. Then I realised what the problem would be... I crappy Jaycar electrical connector. Had it swapped out by Thursday night with a new Narva one and all was good. Took it back to him on Friday morning (he said I could just leave it there for a week while in Burnie for work) via town for a meeting and realised he had knocked the overall fuel cut up to 50%. When I realised this I went in and offered to him that I would manually drop all the values by half to save him time... and me money. Week went by, and I hadn't got around to doing anything but I did realise it could be a simple process. When I converted to sequentially injection/CAS and quad coils I had to manually double all of the fuel map values as it went from dual bank injection to sequential. IE I had a fuel map on file that would be close enough for a starting point. So reinstated the old map (Andy's last tune with a couple of little tweaks by me) and changed the appropriate settings back over to dual pulse/sequential. Started with no throttle and idled (I don't have an idle solenoid) and drove rather well! So then took it back to him straight after. In the week it took me to sort it, he'd taken lots of dyno bookings and the next opportunity he'll have to do it will be Friday 1st of March. Meh oh well, another 2 weeks to wait. So that's where I'm at.
  20. LS1 could are so easy to mount anywhere when you flip them up on their sides hey!
×
×
  • Create New...