December 3, 201015 yr comment_485959 Hey guys, when I was removing the diff, I seem to have farked the threads on the rear leaf mounting pins/bolts that go through the eyes.. My question is, can I just put normal bolts back in there or do I have to get them re threaded? I only ask as the pins have a splined edge on them for some reason? Any help appreciated. Cheers Report
December 3, 201015 yr comment_485984 witch eye? front or rear? better off just getting someother ones than "dodgying them up" Report
December 5, 201015 yr comment_486443 Splined end on the pins are for press fitting into the shackle plates. Also so the bushes flex around the pin and the bolt/pin doesnt rotate in the plate. Go to the wreckers and find another set/ shackle/ or pin ;) Report
December 5, 201015 yr Author comment_486494 do most rollas have the same size ones? might have trouble finding ke20 ones Report
December 7, 201015 yr Author comment_486938 not too bad, just a flat spot that the nut wont get past Report
December 7, 201015 yr comment_486939 Grab another nut and cut small slots in one end. use it like a die nut. see if that works out. Report
December 8, 201015 yr comment_487032 Buy a thread file and clean up the thread. Easy. Most hardware joints or automotive joints should have one. Very useful tool to have around. Edited December 8, 201015 yr by philbey Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now