4Age

shayden

Members dont see this ad

Hey shayden, It won't be a fast car when compared to a V8 or a turbo 4 /6 cylinder, but a 4AGE in a corolla will eat 99% of the 6 cylinder owners for lunch. Many people forget power weight. To me driving a corolla isn't about being the fastest in a straight line, it's about the agility in the corners.

what you find is unless the v8 is well setup and the driver is serious about having it on they usually suffer wheel slip when they lauch but the smaller rolli motor doesnt hav low down power to cause spinning so the car is rolling before the power really starts to hit. look at my car 18" chromies yet manages to eat most commodores or falcoons that every bogan seems to drive. also because they want to be hot shots as your rolling away and they are just spinning they panic and think oh shit they are gunna beat me so il power on some more but that just makes it worse for them. if you drove a falcodore would you really admit you got beat by a pink show pony?

A 4AGE is basically a drop in swap, that's why its so common. I went down the 3S path because I wanted more torque, it's a nightmare though, an SR20 is a much more sensible way to go if you want a 2L, if you've got the cash a beams 3SGE wouldn't go astray either, but I'm hoping to reap the rewards of the work of the gen2 3S in weight balance, and Toyota purism !

- Defintely quicker than 14 seconds ... but I know what you mean, they're not the fastest thing in the world in standard form. A 20V or a 4AGZE will definitely do better than a bigport or 100kw motor, but it depends what your looking for I guess.

I don't think there's any right answer to this one, 4AGE is the best budget engine swap for a KE70, triple the power of your 4K, but if you've got a welder, or are willing to learn how to use one you can make anything happen.

• 2 weeks later...