Hopper Stoppers

comtoy

Members dont see this ad

I know a few people who have but there are way easier ways to get large family sedan brakes on your corolla. Learnt you can do VT brakes pretty easy on the weekend.

I have heard people cannot find a suitable master cylinder either as hoppers don't supply one with the kit, and if you retain the stock one you will lock rears.

For most corolla owners its the better option to fit ae86 struts and buy something like the TTT Wilwood kit that is available.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

thanks for that info littleredspirit i thought i will find out before i spent the cash on the kit so where can you buy this TTT Wilwood kit from

http://www.technotoytuning.com/vehicles.php

Its the big brake kit for AE86. Cheap as chips at the moment. Hoppers stoppers kit is around 1500, and will still need sorting. This will be landed here around $900 at the moment. No messing required as they selected the caliper which has similar hydraulic requirements to the stock one. All the hard work is done. The only negative thing after running it for a couple of years is the usual problem of wearing out front wheel bearings faster, youd get maybe 30-35000ks from a set before they will need changing. The way around this is to use XT 130 struts which run a bigger bearing and stub axle. Then to make your own upgrade on that. Wilwood have a 3.5 inch caliper mount series instead of the usual 5.5 inch spacing of most of their calipers. This narrow mount series will bolt to the xt130 strut, its simply then a matter of finding the right rotor. The xt130 strut also has a cast caliper mount which would be a bit stiffer than the pressed steel ae86 equivalent. Its a bit more work but next time around Ill probably do it this way.