Upcoming Events

ancullen

Okay, the next event that us NT RollaClub members will have a chance to meet up again at will be the next race meet at Hidden Valley. It is currently scheduled for Sunday 23 October. I intend to be there, racing Lola (I think it's last meet of the year).

Sometime in late November I intend to have another cruise. If you are interested, post a reply here. I am giving PLENTY of warning this time so we can try and get more numbers. A date has not yet been decided on, as I'm interested in getting suggestions for when everyone's going to be available. Ideally I'd like to see at least ten cars this time, and with the feedback I've been getting, I think fifteen seems entirely possible. It's just a matter of ensuring everyone comes. Remember, if everyone had been able to make it on the 1st, we would have had nine cars, so twenty isn't out of the question (I've had A LOT of interest).

Members dont see this ad

I'm up for it as always. :(

Is the last lapsprinting meet a free to enter event? Coz i would love to enter if it was, if not i think i might be able too.

The Cruise shouldn't be a problem. Just find as many corolla's from now til 12 November and just ask them to join Rollaclub, then they should most definetly come on the cruise, and hopefully see triple the numbers we had on the 1st. :D

Don't know about cost of next race meet. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

I might have to make up some flyers advertising Rollaclub and start distributing them around the place so we can boost membership in the lead up to the next cruise, which will be sometime between 12 November and 8 December. I'm thinking 19th, 26th, or 27th of November is looking good. I like Saturdays, but let's not lay anything in stone yet. Want to wait for some feedback from others first. I know I can count on you attending.

And I'd also like to put the idea of a motorkhana out there. If you're interested, put a post up here. I'm thinking of something like a cruise starting in the morning and heading down to Hughes Airstrip, with a motorkhana held there. It wouldn't be hard to arrange, as I have a good source of witches-hats and motorkhana designs. We could also investigate the possibility of prizes should we hold such an event.

And for those of you interested in sound-off, I have considered such an event, and would like to go through with one at some point, however this will occur much further down the track as it will require some money to hold it.

• 2 weeks later...

So, who's coming down to Hidden Valley on Sunday the 23rd? I've got my clutch for Lola, just got to install it and hope it doesn't burn out straight away, and I've got to organise a tyre, so without taking into account any unforseen eventualities, I will definitely be racing.

It'll be good if it was free, but then again i wont be takin my car on the track. I might/might not pop down, depending on what i'm doing that day.

I'll be at the final Street Meet Drags though, on the 30th. Hopefully my brother can put the weber on by then. I'm also chasing a bonnet scoop if anyone has one available.

Good to hear Lola is almost up to standards :unsure: should be good once you get her back and running. =)

• 2 weeks later...