Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rola'S Daily

Featured Replies

Hi people been a long time since I have posted anything up on rolaclub :blush: sorry.

 

But I got my self a dual cab Courier ute it has dual fuel but I am mainly running gas with fuel once a fortnight to hopefully preserve the v/s seals. It is a 2.6ltr with a 5speed manual

I picked it up with a canopy but that went on the first day. The canopy looked crap as a previous owner cut the ladder rack off so there was a big gap between the canopy and the cab.

This is what it looked like when I bought it and after I washed it. Imagine this with a ugly canopy on it.

post-4132-074913900 1298285481_thumb.jpgpost-4132-089009700 1298285495_thumb.jpg

post-4132-063962300 1298285512_thumb.jpg post-4132-016203200 1298285529_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Since purchasing her I have done a few things to her.

 

- Polished her (but not the tray got slack and toooo hot)

- Removed the standard wheels and replaced with a set on 14" sunnies (painted gloss black)

- Ditched the crappy flexy flairs

- General tidy up

 

post-4132-011821400 1298285964_thumb.jpgpost-4132-066454300 1298285978_thumb.jpg

post-4132-069527900 1298285993_thumb.jpgpost-4132-068991900 1298286008_thumb.jpg

post-4132-084744500 1298286021_thumb.jpgpost-4132-095144800 1298286033_thumb.jpg

post-4132-035351100 1298286046_thumb.jpg

  • Author

I have now also given her a second polish with the tray aswell :rolls:

I have fitted 2 pairs of rectangle spotlights on the front bar (so I can see better a night)

I will take some more pics this weekend

 

My to do list.

 

- Put a hard tonneau cover on her (already have but not made for this ute, needs to be made to fit.

- Buy tyres for a set of 15x7 80 series chrome steel wheels I have and fit them (need the roll guards for the to fit in the guards

- I am going to make the tray sleep able, by the way of using canvas attached to the hard tonneau so when it is open it makes a wall on each side (with windows for ventilation) and sort of make a patio at the rear of the ute as the door.

- For now put some 2" blocks to lower the rear until I can afford getting the leaves reset. Lower the front just a little.

- Paint the front bar and grille gloss black but leave the headlight surrounds silver

 

Anyway let me know what you all think. I am happy with her. I just need a name any come to mind??

Edited by roladude

  • Author

nice find there mate well done are you planing to keep this car then lol u have had quite a few cars in the last 6 months :P

 

Who me never. 8 cars in two years :blush:

At least I have been reliable to the Pulsar.

At this stage it is a keeper as a ute is very handy (and my missus will kill me if this is gone within 6 months). I guess time will tell

Edited by roladude

mate its a good work horse and would be awsome and handy to have around

 

you should see if you can come to the next all jap classic in june lol would be good to catch up then haha

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Pics of gas setup as requested.

 

Switch

post-4132-008096500 1300579184_thumb.jpg

 

Undertray (where spare wheel would normally go)

post-4132-082294700 1300579199_thumb.jpgpost-4132-009111300 1300579214_thumb.jpg

 

Engine bay

post-4132-047610300 1300579229_thumb.jpgpost-4132-094403200 1300579244_thumb.jpg

post-4132-074743700 1300579260_thumb.jpg

all looks good man, dunno about going lower with the bloody gastank being so low though? might stick to petrol for now, can't justify losing spare mount or tray space for now. i don't really drive mine everyday anyhow.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.