March 8, 201115 yr comment_508435 Hows it going? This is my first post so I'll introduce myself aswell. I'm 19 enjoy surfing and drive a 69' VE Valiant as my daily. I don't mean to come in here and just slam questions on you all. I've read numerous threads but being a Valiant owner I'm not familiar with Toyota terms. I'm looking to get a smaller car in the next 6 months as drive a Valiant around can get a bit much sometimes. Mate has recently got me hooked on the KE20's. I was previously looking at early Escorts but the KE20 seems to be on my mind 24/7 Basically I plan on buying a granny spec wagon and hopefully turning it into a sleeper. Few questions I have -do KE20 wagons come up often? -what motor would most people suggest if I want to get some alright gains. Not looking for brain shattering speed but something that will give a R31 a run for the money. -mod wise what could/should be done to said motor -suspension/brakes etc need work done as well if engine is overhauled? I plan on documenting the whole thing if all goes to plan Cheers guys, from miserable Adelaide. Edited March 8, 201115 yr by EnjoyAUS Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_508444 twennies shit all over r31's... standard they're all class and no arse, literally (all wagon's have a lot oof arse though). :happy: r31's are all arse and no class unless you've got a gtr. wik-wiki your budget, how much you don't mind chopping up an original and classic car, your motivation and your innovation will all determine what you can do. The dirty30 is a tough 6 but I think a hot 5k in a 700kg car will most likely do what you want with the least amount of work. Brakes and suspension will need to be looked at purely because 40 year old discs and struts just ain't what the used to be. Edited March 8, 201115 yr by GJM85 Report
March 8, 201115 yr comment_508499 Wagons are pretty rare but there's a few getting around adelaide. 5k with some hot bits is easy and cheap. Who cares if you can't beat an r31, at least your not rolling around in a big fat ugly Nissan drop out from the Cubism art school. Report
March 8, 201115 yr Author comment_508538 twennies shit all over r31's... standard they're all class and no arse, literally (all wagon's have a lot oof arse though). :happy: r31's are all arse and no class unless you've got a gtr. wik-wiki your budget, how much you don't mind chopping up an original and classic car, your motivation and your innovation will all determine what you can do. The dirty30 is a tough 6 but I think a hot 5k in a 700kg car will most likely do what you want with the least amount of work. Brakes and suspension will need to be looked at purely because 40 year old discs and struts just ain't what the used to be. cutting holes in the car is the last thing I really would want to do.. but if shit has to be done I guess I will. Budget is up in the air. Depends on what quality car I get. I have no specific time frame and what I want to spend depends on what I plan on doing. Not looking for a show car but no looking for a Little Rascals go-kart. I've rebuilt the front suspension and all the drum brakes on my Val so I should be able to save some money of labour. I'm around 75% confident with engines though. Wagons are pretty rare but there's a few getting around adelaide. 5k with some hot bits is easy and cheap. Who cares if you can't beat an r31, at least your not rolling around in a big fat ugly Nissan drop out from the Cubism art school. when you put it that way :happy: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now