Ke70 4Age Wiring To Dash?

bally

Hey guys I've just got my KE70 up and running with the 4AGE. I wanted to know how to connect up my temp and fuel gauges on my dash. I've been googling it and its just seemed to confuse me a little. But I'm pretty certain that the plug on the fire wall near the brake booster is for the cluster?

Members dont see this ad

well I don't know why the fuel sender isn't working then although I have taken the tank off and added an internal pump for the surge tank setup but I plugged the sender back in...

Do you know where the temp sender is located on the motor?

Thanks a lot mate!

follow the top radiator hose towards the engine, should be somewhere there, bit lower to the left side of the cam cover.

quick test is turn your ignition on and ground the fuel sender wire at the tank. You should see the gauge slowly climb to full doing that. It is quite possible the sender may be faulty. Do that test to prove it.. (Yellow/Red wire by my diagram)

ok so last night I got the 6 pin plug and connected a wire straight from the yellow green stripe to the yellow temp sensor at the front of the motor. The car was warm and it didn't seem to move the needle so I then earthed the yellow green striped wire directly from the 6 pin plug to tue body and it still didn't move the needle. is there a fuse or something for the cluster? I pulled the cluster out and everything is plugged in so I don't understand why ita not working? Do I have to connect power to the 6 pin plug?

Also for the fuel sender I tried the same sort of thing to see if the needle would move by earthing it and it didn't move...

I need these to work because I'm paranoid about the temp and amount of fuel in the car just incase it's heating too much, I don't want a blown head gasket.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

ok so last night I got the 6 pin plug and connected a wire straight from the yellow green stripe to the yellow temp sensor at the front of the motor. The car was warm and it didn't seem to move the needle so I then earthed the yellow green striped wire directly from the 6 pin plug to tue body and it still didn't move the needle. is there a fuse or something for the cluster? I pulled the cluster out and everything is plugged in so I don't understand why ita not working? Do I have to connect power to the 6 pin plug?

Also for the fuel sender I tried the same sort of thing to see if the needle would move by earthing it and it didn't move...

I need these to work because I'm paranoid about the temp and amount of fuel in the car just incase it's heating too much, I don't want a blown head gasket.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks