Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Swapping Tyre Size

Featured Replies

Hi all

 

I've been on rollaclub for a while now but haven't posted a whole lot. I've got a 1983 ke70.

 

At the moment it has the stock 13" rims on it, I however have a set of 13x5.5" mesh rims that I'm going to put on

 

The stockies have 165/75/13 tyres while the mesh rims have 185/65/13 tyres on them which are bald as buggery.

 

My question to you is, would it be possible to swap these tyres over and would they fit? Ie put the 165/75/13 tyres on the mesh rims

 

Thanks for your help

 

Ben

Hi all

 

I've been on rollaclub for a while now but haven't posted a whole lot. I've got a 1983 ke70.

 

At the moment it has the stock 13" rims on it, I however have a set of 13x5.5" mesh rims that I'm going to put on

 

The stockies have 165/75/13 tyres while the mesh rims have 185/65/13 tyres on them which are bald as buggery.

 

My question to you is, would it be possible to swap these tyres over and would they fit? Ie put the 165/75/13 tyres on the mesh rims

 

Thanks for your help

 

Ben

 

Yeah mate should be able to, alothough would put ur speedo out ill say

I'd dare say so, the speedo more than likely showing a speed slower than what you are actually doing. This is assuming your car currently has the correct tyre size fitted.

  • Author

Yeah mate should be able to, alothough would put ur speedo out ill say

 

Thanks xr8racer

 

do you know what way it would put it out? ie higher or lower than the actual speed?

 

oops posted this before carbon boy posted :P

 

is there anyway to get around that?

Edited by big-83n

Thanks xr8racer

 

do you know what way it would put it out? ie higher or lower than the actual speed?

 

oops posted this before carbon boy posted :P

 

is there anyway to get around that?

 

Bye the correct tyres ;)

  • Author

Thats quite a good site, I did the comparison and my speedo will be 1.21km out at 100km/ph, so when I'm doing 100 on the speedo I'll actually be going 101.21

just to confirm here, you're taking the tyres off the stock rims that are on the car, putting them on your mesh wheels then back on the car?

 

this would mean that you have the exact same tyres on at the start and the end thus making no difference? :blinks:

  • Author

Yes that is correct

 

The difference is the width of the rim, the stock rims are only 4" wide while the mesh rims are 5.5" wide so the smaller tyre will be stretched a bit to fit

just to confirm here, you're taking the tyres off the stock rims that are on the car, putting them on your mesh wheels then back on the car?

 

this would mean that you have the exact same tyres on at the start and the end thus making no difference? :blinks:

 

Oops...:blush: I'm glad someone read this thread correctly :lolcry: Hopefully the tyres you have on the car are the correct size for the car, therefore your speedo wont be out!

  • Author

Ok thanks

 

Maybe I should have posed my question better

 

Will the stock tyres fit on the wider rims?

i use that miata.net calculator. quite good.

 

yes your stock tyres will fit on the new rims and no the speedo reading will not be effected.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.