May 3, 201115 yr comment_521440 Hi all I've been on rollaclub for a while now but haven't posted a whole lot. I've got a 1983 ke70. At the moment it has the stock 13" rims on it, I however have a set of 13x5.5" mesh rims that I'm going to put on The stockies have 165/75/13 tyres while the mesh rims have 185/65/13 tyres on them which are bald as buggery. My question to you is, would it be possible to swap these tyres over and would they fit? Ie put the 165/75/13 tyres on the mesh rims Thanks for your help Ben Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_521443 Hi all I've been on rollaclub for a while now but haven't posted a whole lot. I've got a 1983 ke70. At the moment it has the stock 13" rims on it, I however have a set of 13x5.5" mesh rims that I'm going to put on The stockies have 165/75/13 tyres while the mesh rims have 185/65/13 tyres on them which are bald as buggery. My question to you is, would it be possible to swap these tyres over and would they fit? Ie put the 165/75/13 tyres on the mesh rims Thanks for your help Ben Yeah mate should be able to, alothough would put ur speedo out ill say Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_521445 I'd dare say so, the speedo more than likely showing a speed slower than what you are actually doing. This is assuming your car currently has the correct tyre size fitted. Report
May 3, 201115 yr Author comment_521446 Yeah mate should be able to, alothough would put ur speedo out ill say Thanks xr8racer do you know what way it would put it out? ie higher or lower than the actual speed? oops posted this before carbon boy posted :P is there anyway to get around that? Edited May 3, 201115 yr by big-83n Report
May 3, 201115 yr comment_521466 Thanks xr8racer do you know what way it would put it out? ie higher or lower than the actual speed? oops posted this before carbon boy posted :P is there anyway to get around that? Bye the correct tyres ;) Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_521612 Try this http://www.exploroz.com/Vehicle/Tyres/SizeCalc.aspx Put in current tyre size and other one and see how far out they are. Report
May 4, 201115 yr Author comment_521614 Thats quite a good site, I did the comparison and my speedo will be 1.21km out at 100km/ph, so when I'm doing 100 on the speedo I'll actually be going 101.21 Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_521615 just to confirm here, you're taking the tyres off the stock rims that are on the car, putting them on your mesh wheels then back on the car? this would mean that you have the exact same tyres on at the start and the end thus making no difference? :blinks: Report
May 4, 201115 yr Author comment_521623 Yes that is correct The difference is the width of the rim, the stock rims are only 4" wide while the mesh rims are 5.5" wide so the smaller tyre will be stretched a bit to fit Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_521639 just to confirm here, you're taking the tyres off the stock rims that are on the car, putting them on your mesh wheels then back on the car? this would mean that you have the exact same tyres on at the start and the end thus making no difference? :blinks: Oops...:blush: I'm glad someone read this thread correctly :lolcry: Hopefully the tyres you have on the car are the correct size for the car, therefore your speedo wont be out! Report
May 4, 201115 yr Author comment_521647 Ok thanks Maybe I should have posed my question better Will the stock tyres fit on the wider rims? Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_521662 They will fit fine. Then when you need new tyres you can fit wider ones.. Here is a good tyre size calculator if you need. http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html Report
May 4, 201115 yr comment_521818 i use that miata.net calculator. quite good. yes your stock tyres will fit on the new rims and no the speedo reading will not be effected. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now