Door Mirrors

shLONG13

Check out ke38 panelvans. They were fitted with the black mirrors on the LHS which were

standard kit on early model ke70s. Visually identical, I was scratching for a very long time to source a LH one for mine and then I noticed a handfull of ke38s with them.

A reference pic off mine. But also RA40 Celicas (Early models 1977-1978) and MX32 Cressidas (Late model with vertical bar grille). A google/carsales search will confirm these features :y:

S5004277.jpg

Thanks heaps man, thats really helpful :y:

May i ask where you ended up getting yours?

Members dont see this ad

No worries mate glad to help :) :y:

A wrecker down in Melbourne which has since closed up had a rough ke38 panelvan in there

and to my suprise it had exactly what I was after. Finding one a ke70 is virtually impossible. For some unknown reason, the original owner put the earlier ke55 mirrors on and had them colour coded which looked just wrong. Also with an accessories brochure I have for this model it confirmed what LH mirror it should have, so then I was on the hunt for a driver and passenger and after a some time bingo.

S5000710.jpg

What a strike of luck, must of been over the moon haha.

Well this has been very helpful, thanks heaps for healping us out, appreciate it :wink:

If you ever happen to stumble across one just chuck something up on my build thread if you could, that would be awesome :y:

Cheers Matt :)

i haved a set of the early ones (screws into door skin) on my 82 parts car if you want them $10 plus postage??

my 83 has left and right later sytle ones (screws into front of window bit) but they are both broken from a tree falling in front of me while driving :o

That would be great man :D , are they like the ones in the picture that "The overrated KE70" posted? If so could you please send us a pic of them, that would me awesome thanks :y:

That would be great man :D , are they like the ones in the picture that "The overrated KE70" posted? If so could you please send us a pic of them, that would me awesome thanks :y:

there is pics of both on this thread http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/53311-83-e7-82-parts-car/page__p__541663__fromsearch__1#entry541663

they are similar but not exactly the same

• 4 months later...

i haved a set of the early ones (screws into door skin) on my 82 parts car if you want them $10 plus postage??

my 83 has left and right later sytle ones (screws into front of window bit) but they are both broken from a tree falling in front of me while driving :o

Hi, did u still have those side mirror??? if is my luck.......MY IS A 1983 STATION WAGON and the mirror goes inside as you say, 3tc ae72