Timing

pasty.91

Hey guys my ke70 is running a bit crap down low n pings like crap when vaccume advance kicks in ive checked the timing and its advanced like probly by 45

but when i try move it closer to top dead center it wont run at all just dies wondering if anyones had this problem and knows whats wrong with it or how to fix it? thanks for your help

Members dont see this ad

Pull the plate with the points on it out and watch the weights underneath as you twist the center shaft.

Check the weights move right through from zero advance to max, and that both springs are OK. It might just need some grease in there.

You may have a broken spring so it can't return back to its zero points, which you would normally set to 8deg BTDC.

I found that if I had a spring that was too weak in there it sat halfway through its range at idle, ie, it couldn't pull the weights back in, so I had a very limited range of advance to work with.

The last picture on this page is the inside of the stock KE70 dizzy.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/49927-how-to-fix-your-brand-new-ke-motorsport-electronic-distributor/page__pid__511594#entry511594

If the weights are smooth and working correctly, take off the vac advance, plug the hole to the carb, and try it just with 8dg at idle and mechanical advance only.

This all assumes you are using 95octane or 98????