Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4K 3000 Rpm

Featured Replies

Hi, I have a 83 XX KE70 With a 4KC in it. It has the stock carby on it and only 143000kms.

 

It has a horrible miss while cruising at around 3000rpm, no other revs just around 3 grand. Its the only issue i have with the car. Doesn't hesitate on take off and idles fine.

 

I put a carby kit through it and it hasn't changed anything, could it be my coil or timing?

 

Cheers

Timing should be fine.

 

Coil should be fine. If the coil is playing up, the car stops.

 

Check leads and plugs. Used to have a similar problem when I ran Bosch plugs. Ngk's were fine, Bosch used to crap out the plugs. Go figure. *shrug*

 

Start the car in the dark with the bonnet open, and see if you can see the plugs leads arcing. They're/ it's buggered if they are. May only be one plug lead playing up.

 

May be dizzy, but I can't see why.

 

 

Check the dizzy shaft for side play and also that you vacuum advance unit is working. Cheers.

p.s. It could be a broken discombobulator spring, but I doubt it.

  • Author

I will do that today as well.

 

IT shouldn't be the discombobulator spring the guy I bought it off had just replaced it before I bought it off him

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.