Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tubs

Featured Replies

New to the whole corolla thing (also on a mobile and can't search)

Was wondering how to go about tubbing a panelvan, its only for burnouts so doesn't need to be engineered, gonna use the whole 44 gallon drum method but was wondering if its as simple as cutting the floors away/welding new ones in and grabbing a short diff?

What model Rolla in particular?

 

as some have leafs up the back and you can move them in more, otherwise shocks and trailing arms will be more complex and a two link might be required,

 

otherwise the drum technique will suffice to a degree, sounds like fun otherwise

  • Author

Looking at 36 panelvans, just trying to see what I'm getting myself in for.

How wide do you want to go?

  • Author

Not really to radical, was only gonna bring the hubs in a about 3 inches. Once I grab the pano I'm gonna do exact measurements and things.

can't go too far in without hitting leaf springs sadly. should be able to fit a 245-ish with drum tubbing

  • Author

Is it as simple as relocating the leafs? Doesn't need to be the safest car out as it will only be seeing burnout pads really.

Relocate the brackets and re-weld them, shorten the diff and yeah is as simple as that, somewhat

 

You might run into trampin problems soon enough tho

  • Author

Yeah, I've got some serious power to weight plans in mind so I know I'm going to have some tramp problems at some point. Pretty much going to be slamming it and make it as rigid as possible in hopes of somewhat cancelling it out. I've never really built anything along these lines, mostly commodores with minor shit done to them.

Mine has no weight over the back and spins very easy (no smoke tho) and is very stiff,

 

Mine is setup for track but on the street have not had tramping problems,

 

So that could work for you, but too stiff and too low you will break things, it will be trial and error

I can sort you out with leaf springs aswel for a rigid ride

  • Author

This things not gonna be driving under its own power for quite a while and I'm gonna have plenty of time to sort out my problems, rediculously low cars is sorta my trademark as most my cars have LOW247 plates at some point. Being that the plan is a cammed small block chev (long motor gets picked up in about a hour hopefully) I'm going to be trial and error as for as diff/suspension set ups for quite a while so I may very well grab those leafs

Any coils and leaves, just give me a holler :wink:

  • Author

I'm trying to write on a phone so probs nothing I write makes sense haha, ill speak to you saturday as I know sweet f all about leaf setups.

No worries mate.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.