Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 Drift Project Any Advice?

Featured Replies

Firstly Id like to say hello my name is Jason and I'm new to the forum.

 

Ok So now thats out of the way I can get to the point of my post. For a few years I have been following the progress of many Ke series drift car builds with the interest in doing my own. My local wrecker finally aquired a ok (read pretty bad) taxi yellow automatic KE70. After paying a small fee for the car including delivery I set out stripping the interior. I'm going to be updating this as a build so others can see what I have done and how I did it. I have a few requirements, they are listed as follows.

 

Do it right but do it with budget in mind - I will be doing all the work myself. I will try not to spend money where I don't need to. I don't really know how to weld or panel beat or paint but I plan to learn how buy doing it on a car I'm not worried about wrecking. I'm doing this build with a friend and we are splitting all of the costs 50%.

 

Build the car to adhere to cams/scrutineering rules- The car will be a track only car so I can cut costs and it wont need to be street legal.

 

Here is the proposed parts list (if you notice anything wrong or could be better let me know)

 

s13 SR20Det Red top Front cut (with front suspension/brakes if I can get a decent deal)

Nistune of factory ecu or equivalent - This will only be needed when we want more power

R33 or Z32 RB25Det Manual Gearbox and associated clutch to handle stock SR engine (for now) :)

Manual conversion parts needed for change over

replacement windscreen as the one in car has a hole in it- should I take this on or get it done

R31 skyline diff with minispool

Decent drivers seat and applicable harness

Rollcage - either half or full Recommendations?

Plexi/lexan windows as the drivers side ones are missing and I don't see any point in getting new ones as I would probably remove them anyway.

Ba Falcon radiator and clutch fans- I have seen this installed into another car but not sure of ease of fitment.

Cheap front mount intercooler- Recommendations?

Will be adding pics very soon

Thanks for reading.

 

Jason

Edited by stormchaser

id be having a good read of the CAMS manual before you start anything if you intend on making it cams approved.

 

they have pretty strict rules, especially in the roll cage department.

 

all the rest sounds good, though i see no mention of suspension?

  • Author

id be having a good read of the CAMS manual before you start anything if you intend on making it cams approved.

 

they have pretty strict rules, especially in the roll cage department.

 

all the rest sounds good, though i see no mention of suspension?

 

 

Hey thanks for the reply

Definately will look into what needs to be done regarding cams.

 

I'm not really sure what is the best way to go with the front suspension setup.

Was thinking S13 cross member, lca's, coilovers, the rest I'm not so sure about. Suggestions?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.