Legallities

boofis

back up to the top we go. Na, just wondering because I can't be bothered ringing vicroads and just want an answer now lol. As far as my reading has led me to believe it's ok if I take things out of the interior dash assembly. i.e., glove box, 'airconditioning' etc. Just want confirmation.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

I got some choice words for kangaroosa's mate that removed his gas tank in the quest for power and weight loss - i can pick up a 90l gas tank by myself, gas weighs less then petrol and i have no doubt that the stock EB 75L petrol tank would have weighed almost as much as the gas tank - not to mention the power gain by tuning your car to single fuel...

Haha i meant to write that as a sentence..... well i sort of did...

I know of cars that run without carpet, however whether it is legal or not I am unsure. Just paint your floor black once you've taken out the carpet, no one will be able to tell the difference :cool: so dodgy...

Boofis I'd say that it would be ok to remove the airconditioning, and probably the glove box as well, because from memory when I took out the glove box in my rolla it didnt leave any sharp edges.

Damn I write essays....

Dan.

I know of cars that run without carpet, however whether it is legal or not I am unsure. Just paint your floor black once you've taken out the carpet, no one will be able to tell the difference :( so dodgy...

dodgy but practicall to someone :)

I don't think you can take the glovebox out, you aren't meant to have any gaping holes in dashboards...well not in Canberra anyways.

Also in Canberra, you can take the rear seat out without getting it engineered, as long as the boot is sealed from the cabin, and you let rego know that it is a 2 seater.

No carpet is ok for any car, no rear seat is ok for rally rego but not sure about standard rego in all states but is ok in ACT if you seal the boot off from the cab as Geoff said. I would guess this would be the same in all states as this would be an ADR thing and all states must follow the basic ADR's.