November 10, 201114 yr comment_565570 hey guys just a quick question I couldn't find an answer to I have a stock as a rock ke70 with what I beleive to be a k40 4 speed and someone I know is selling a k50 5 speed q- will the k50 bolt straight into my car without changing anything? if not what must be modded to fit the k50? cheers ben Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_565808 HI MATE idid the exact same coversion 3 yrs ago . for memory i recalled that it was basically a straight forward conversion which used the original 4 speed tailshaft .i recall yhat all Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_565809 HI MATE idid the exact same coversion 3 yrs ago . for memory i recalled that it was basically a straight forward conversion which used the original 4 speed tailshaft .i recall yhat all Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_565813 HI MATE SORRY ABOUT THE UNFINISHED ANSWERS I POSTED I AM NEW TO THIS AND STILL LEARNING anyway i basically removed a 5 speed box from a ke70 corolla which had the 4kc engine in it and as far as i remember it all bolted up using the 4 speed crossmember and the 4 speed tail shaft and for memory on the highway when in 4th gear and changing to 5th it was approximatly a 200 rpm drop and i know for a fact that both 4 and 5 speed gear boxes have identical 1st t0 4th gear ratios . i hope this helps. CHEERS DOMENIC Report
November 12, 201114 yr comment_565814 If its a ke30/55 k50 the gear stick will be further forward. If its a ke70 one, its just a straight forward swap. Report
November 13, 201114 yr Author comment_566006 you have help me gears thanks to both of you legends I really appreciate it my rolla is getting there ;) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now