Roof Lining Ke35 Coupe

TIMMMAAAAYYY

Members dont see this ad
don't stress too much about the roof lining. I've have re-fitted standard roof linings to my corolla a few times without removing the windscreen.

The rear is held up no probs by the metal strip. The sides are held in place with the capping strip along the sides. The middle is held in place by both the interior light and the metal rod. The front is held in place by both of the sun visor mounts and the rear view mirror. If your aftermarket roof lining is not too thick, you should be able to tuck it into the front windscreen rubber. Thats all i have done in the past anyway. Its easier with at least 2 people though.

Currently i have a padded roof lining moulded and lined in velour. Its so rigid that I did away with that bloody annoying support rod. Its cut flush with the front widscreen because its too thick to be tucked in.

Worst case scenario: Fix it all in place to at least pass a roadworthy. When its insured, most insurance companies give you 1 free windscreen a year. Just claim that windscreen. When the bloke takes out your windscreen, tuck in your roof lining and then fit the New windscreen. That way it wont cost you anything.

:)

Thanks for the reply Rolla Boy.

My '74 coupe has a moulded (shaped) liner.

It had no capping strip......instead it had 3 clips each side.

I have removed the capping strips from my '80 coupe and I will fit them in the '74 coupe to hold the edges on my refurbished liner.

The '80 coupe is now my donor car.

Got busy today and removed the doors and front drivers side fender.

I am replacing the front and rear screens and rubbers, so I now know to do the roof liner before putting the new glass in.

Thanks again for all the help.