Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3a Engine

Featured Replies

Hello everyone I'm new here, I wanted to find out if anyone knows if a 3A engine would fit into a 79 rolla and if any modificatios would be needed.

  • Author
Hello everyone I'm new here, I wanted to find out if anyone knows if a 3A engine would fit into a 79 rolla and if any modificatios would be needed.

Thanks for the info I'm in Phoenix, Arizona USA. The reason I ask is I'm Having a hard time passing the local emissions test i been told according to the test result reading that i may have a bad cylinder but havent really had the carb adjusted or diagnosed my hydro carbons and carbon monoxide readings are really high. I was thinking of rebuilding the engine i have now but its kind of expensive about 2000.00 us dollars and I think I can get a 3a engine for a lot less. Also I can't seem to find anyone that carriesa lowering kit for the 79 rolla. Do you know of any company that does and that will ship international.

  • Author

your info helps alot I'm new to toyotas my experience which is not alot is mostly with classic american cars of the 1950's which i always try to keep as original as possible no custom work or mods. the engine i have now is a 2T 1588 cc. you mention possibly converting to a 4age as an option can you elaborate on what EFI stands for.

  • Author
EFI stands for Electronic Fuel Injection

 

EFI is a b big step up from carburettors (and a learning curve) but a much better way to ensure you're meeting emissions requirements easily.

 

US$2000 is heaps of money to spend on an engine package. YOu could do a heck of a lot better than a 3A for that price... I see engine packages on USA Ebay all the time and I wish I could grab one.

 

2.5 litre twincam turbo 6 cylinder - 1JZGTE US$1100...

 

1.6 litre 20 valve 4AGE US$550

 

 

Again thanks for all your valuable info i'm sure ill keep bothering with questions in the near future and I hate to use this resource and not contribute to its up keep, how can i send you a donation to help you keep this great sight running, it wont be much but i would like to send you something.

My AE85 Trueno came with a 3A, should be an easy swap for you as it had a cable clutch and K gearbox with one peice tail shaft.

 

Mine made the same power as a 4A but less torque (it revved great).

 

You get a tiny clutch with them but.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.