Clock Light And Central Locking Switch Replace 93 Csi Limited

HighwayMan

Hi folks, bit of an intro......I like to do as much of my own machinery maintenance as poss, so I'll be back here with more quessies.

Bought my '93 CSI Limited sedan nearly five years ago, replaced an '86 Subaru wagon I got nearly new ( demo car )which did over 350,000 km ( on two engines )until an idiot did a SMIDSY and written off.

Plan was to get something cheap for urban commuting duties, basically a disposable shopping trolley :-) While there's plenny of cheap old Rollas a good one was hard to find but I did, paid top $$$$ and it was a damm auto which I didn't want, however I have been very impressed, it's now done 323,000 km going well.

Why I got a Rolla was I live near a car rental place which has 80 and 90s Toyotas and whenever the Sub was off the road I enjoyed hiring them, esp. for $25/day/unlimited K's and nobody did a close inspection on return.

Anyways, have done the searches on this site, couldn't find exact info. The clock light has never worked, the radio is on last leg and now the dashboard mounted central locking switch ceased working and the rocker is a flopper. C l still works with the key on either door.

Do I need to yank out the dash to replace the c l switch ? Can I get to the clock light if I remove the radio ?

Members dont see this ad