Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chrome Strips

Featured Replies

Has anyone discovered the magic formula to removing the chrome strips above the doors without bending them?

IMG_4760.jpg

patience... & roll them outwards from the underneath, but still not very saifactory.

 

Some bluntish flat blade to get them started, can't remember what I used.

  • Author

If i stuff them up i know their not easy to come by but how much will i be looking at to replace them amd where would i find them?

You probably wont find ones that are not currently on a car...Just gotta be careful I suppose, Altezza mentioned a flat blade of sorts to get started and roll gently outwards from underneath. Who knows htough, you may find another set if you look hard enough

Yeah, mine are a wee bit loose but they're still on. Just busted up and dented etc. I push them back on tight every now and again.

  • Author

But I have to take them off to paint right. If I tape them up and paint around them it may look a little dodgy. I really don't want to have to touch them.

Just do as Altezzaclub said. You'll be right. Just give it a crack

  • Author

Alright willis I'll give it a go. :unsure:

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

OK for almost stalling for two wks I finally had a go and had some success. Removed the bottom window strip which is relatively easy and the drivers side top one. The later took some patience (hr) but came off without any bends but I can see why they will never go back on as tight as they were.

Used a butter knife, once I got a little up I stuck the knife through and wiggled back and forth slowly which slowly lifted top and bottom off. When it wouldn't go any further I used my old stoker just to crack the bottom lip of the chrome a little then continued with the knife.

Cheers all for advise.

  • 2 weeks later...

hi there if you bend them i can fix them.. usually 60 a trim and same for polishing back to factory condition!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.