Few Electrical Questions

4ke30

yo rollaforum

few questions regarding my missfiring k motor

today i noticed i have a crack and some calcium build up inside my dissy cap,

from my knowledge, this not good,

shoudl i just replace these or is replacing the whole ignition system,

i dotn want to modify it or anything i just wanna replace it all, but I'm insure of where to get the exact parts from, are there any part codes or something i can repco that shit up cheers

Members dont see this ad

its just the cap that is cracked close to the lead terminal things, what do you mean by spark arcing?

it is very dirty inside distributor, if i replace coil, leads and cap, will i need to replace/clean anything else

Arcing means that the spark is jumping across two conductors. Being that the crack is on a terminal it is more likely that you are getting no spark at all intermittently. But that is worst case scenario, I've had a crack similar to what you are describing and it worked perfectly well.

I think that if you replace the dizzy cap, get a new rotor button and new points then you should be fine. If it still misses after this you may want to replace the ignition leads and spark plugs.

Before you go ripping out your points have you ever set your points gap before?

Edited by Twinky

which is exacty the points gap, can you get me a a flik? as i am a newb I'm pretty sure i know what it is, there is an adustable screw that dfetermines the gap between point and the cam that the rotor buton sits in?