Ke30 Questions

Hi

I thinking to make some update to my front system with better suspension , steering and general to update the front system after the new engine(4age).

I search for diy coilover but i don't know what i need to buy! (from ae86 the steering knuckle is the same? )

General can i use from ae86 arms , stabilizer and strut bar?

Members dont see this ad

Question - why do you want the coil-overs ? What are you hoping to get from using them ? The wording looks abusive, but it's just questions to ask yourself.

Steering arms (or knuckles) from the likes of the AE86, RT104 (or whatever the model is), T-18 and a couple of others share the same ball joint as the KE3x

You'll need these steering arms from the said vehicles if you upgrade to the bigger diameter struts and the bearing plates (strut tops) from the KE3x

Strut upgrade also brings in a brake upgrade but what struts you use will depend on what type of brake upgrade you'll get. Have a search.

Stabilizer - as in the castor arm that goes from the radiator support panel to the lower control arm, it won't need to be changed.

Strut bar ? Thats one i'm not sure of

At times i wonder if i'm having a permanent brain fart.

Strut bar would be KE3x or KE55 or a custom made. AE86 wouldn't fit without mods.

Stabilizer bar would be in the same boat.

Brake upgrade - Corona struts and have a search on the forum on what model hilux that comes the four pot calipers and what vehicle to grab the vented rotors from.

I know the good things about braided brake lines but if its for a street car is the extra cost needed ?

And you most likely could do it for cheaper :P