January 31, 200620 yr comment_98942 Was thinking of doing it myself, but I gather it'd be more trouble than it's worth. As such, does anyone know of anywhere I could get it done for a reasonable price? Report
January 31, 200620 yr comment_98948 Don't let FEAR hold you back. If you ever want to learn basic mechanics the KE55 is a real simple car to learn on. As Nick said the labour cost just makes it non viable. Tell us a bit about the condition of the car. Is it going? Does it have much rust? Is it stock? I have been taught a lot by ROLLACLUB members and am willing to pass on what I've learn't. Also learnt a fair bit by making mistakes. If you have a try yourself you willend up saving a fair bit of money and the pride in your car will be 100 times greater :y: P.S. Where are you from Edited January 31, 200620 yr by SLOTH Snr Report
January 31, 200620 yr comment_98985 i might look into to this a little further, i have a couple of K boxes that need rebuilding, so i'll get some prices on bearings and seals and sit down and work out what a box is worth to rebuild. teddy,can you get a price on what a cluster shaft and bearings are worth from toyota? you can't buy these after market. Report
February 1, 200620 yr Author comment_99125 Yeah the labour is all that's stopping me at the moment...but if I can get the bearings, seals and other bits and bobs and figure it out myself, I'll be a happy man. Yes, the car is a stock KE55 CS sedan, it's in okay condition with a bit of rust hear and there, in need of some seals in a few places, but it is going. As for me, I'm from Brisbane south side and my name's Tom Report
February 1, 200620 yr Author comment_99190 Haha...hopefully it'll all go well and we won't need the therapy :y: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now