Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Reborn!

Featured Replies

Well after looking at some of the other projects on the site. I decided it was time to post up some piccies of the project I am about to undertake.

 

This started it's life with my Wifes next door neighbours, they bought her new and literally drove it about 3 times a week. We got hold of it back in 1999 with an original 48,000klms on the clock but as it was used by two elderly folk, it had a few dents here and there.

 

It was originally Dark Green / Teal colour. We had her resprayed and straightened in 2000 and that is how you see it now. in 2007 it was retired to the shed after massive gearbox and brake failure. A new car was bought and I am sad to say the old girl was left to gather dust in thge corner of the shed quietly for the past 5 years. But now it is time for her to return to glory once again!

 

 

Specs:

 

03/78 KE30 CS.

 

3 speed auto with 3k ENGINE

 

Dash and seats Original and Immcaulate

Floor carpet replaced. (that has to go, disgusting reddish brown colour)

all original Glass and wheels.

 

Plans:

 

Larger Capacity engine (as yet undecided, still looking at options)

4 sp auto Gearbox

New brakes all round

Respray back to factory colour

Removal of small rust patches around A and B pillar

New window runners for D/S/F and P/S/F windows.

And the usual trimmings, stereo, new seats etc.

 

Plan is to complete the rebuild in no more than 18 months!

 

IMG_0639Large.jpg

 

IMG_0637Large.jpg

 

IMG_0636Large.jpg

 

IMG_0640Large.jpg

 

IMG_0642Large.jpg

with what your starting with it shouldn't take 18 months to complete (unlike what i started with 3 months ago)

  • Author

Yeah I hope not mate. But given I am limited in my mechanical knowlegde, it will be a learn as I go excercise. I want to do 90% of the work myself. The only job I will outsource will be the respray. I can prep it for spraying, but not confident with a spraygun. Other than that I reckon I will tackle evrything else with a minimum of fuss (other than some professional help with the engine conversion) :elvis:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.