Help From Someone With 4Ac

easyvision

Members dont see this ad

I usually discard all of that garbage except one line for the dizzy vac advance.

Makes the car run better, because after 30 odd years, every single one of those check valves and xmas tree fittings are invariably clogged, broken and/or faulty.

But if you must...

08132007105426pm.jpg

ok thanks fellas, I already saw that diagram, for some reason I think the 4ac's differ slightly, I know the ae86 ones and the ae71's are very slightly different, and I have noticed one vac line that splits

a few different places on mine that doesnt on every other one I see on the net so I'm thinking maybe auto engines are very slightly different, cos mine was from an auto. unfortunatly the diagram doesnt help.

anyways it'll run I guess so I'm pretty happy.

Is this of any use to you?

post-5437-0-69669500-1349855854_thumb.jpg

yep that awesome, thanks very much. I understand now its the difference between aircon and no aircon.

theres a vtv valve thing on the passenger strut tower and I think it has something to do with aircon, the aircon

has a t-piece coming off one of the vac lines, but doesnt on most 4ac's (i guess cos most don't have aircon).

my car doesnt have aircon so all good, the car I got this engine from must of had it.

oh and that second pic "vac line from this where does it go" I figured that out, was actually realy simple, theres a tiny

inconspicuous tube coming off the front of the air cleaner assembly, theres a vac line connecting the two.

thanks fellas

Edited by easyvision

I usually discard all of that garbage except one line for the dizzy vac advance.

Makes the car run better, because after 30 odd years, every single one of those check valves and xmas tree fittings are invariably clogged, broken and/or faulty.

But if you must...

08132007105426pm.jpg

i i were to remove said vac lines, what would be the best method to block them all off?