Ke55 Front On A Ke36 Panelvan

justxdaniel

hey guys, i have a ke36 panelvan which needs some body work, instead of fixing the front quaters and shit, I'm thinking about doing a ke55 front conversion as i have all the parts, grill, lights, bonnet, front quaters etc....

I'm just wondering if it will all bolt up the same etc....

will i have any troubles doing so...

ALSO, it currently has a 3k 4sp manual, i have a 4kc motor I'm doing some work on before it goes in but i also have a 5sp box i want to put it while i do the work on the motor, will it bolt straght up? aka driveshafts, cross members, bellhousing bolts etc...

any help will be good,

cheers!

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate is the ke55 square headlight or round? If its square its a lot harder to swap the grill and headlights over. If its round its all easy and bolts on. Apart from that all the front panels will bolt on no problem (guards, bonnet, front valance etc.) If it is a square front ke55 I would just swap everything but the grill and lights.

As for the 4k and 5 speed should be a direct fit for everything.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Hey mate is the ke55 square headlight or round? If its square its a lot harder to swap the grill and headlights over. If its round its all easy and bolts on. Apart from that all the front panels will bolt on no problem (guards, bonnet, front valance etc.) If it is a square front ke55 I would just swap everything but the grill and lights.

As for the 4k and 5 speed should be a direct fit for everything.

Cheers

ahk sweet as! yea its square front, i didnt no i could swap the guards and bonnet and keep the same grill, becuase i prefer the circle headlights over the sqaure ones but wasnt sure if i could use the 36 grill and lights with the 55 guards and stuff, but yea i think ill do that, thanks so much for your help!

Whats the 5 speed from ? KE55 and it'll slide in, KE70 and you'll have to cut the trans tunnel closer to the hand-brake, use the cross-member from the ke70 and place something between the x-member and car body so that the x-member will be about 1" lower.

http://www.rollaclub.com/wiki/index.php?title=Series:K/Model/KE50/KE55/Ke55_Round_Headlight_Conversion

Its for converting the square lights to round lights so it'll be the reversal for round to square.