January 24, 201313 yr Author comment_644903 thanks guys. I have the auto electrician who convinced me to buy a new battery coming over to check it out while its not starting. Ive read a few articles online stating that it may be the starter solenoid contacts may be worn. ill ask if that may be the case, because after these guys said its a battery problem,they straight away said its the starter. Clearly i don't want to pay $100 more,as they made me pay for a new battery which clearly wasnt the problem the first time. Report
January 24, 201313 yr Author comment_644905 The hammer worked for months Ok so ive tried this method...and what do you know it started!..so obviously its the starter. Now to convince the prick of electrician who charged me for a new battery when now it clearly wasnt the problem!...so pissed right now Report
January 24, 201313 yr comment_644915 I had the same problem with my ae92 where more than 2 hours after the car was driven it wouldn't start the first time. So you would have to crank it over the second time straight after and then it would run. I put up with it for a few months and when I was satisfied the car wouldn't give me any other issues (as I bought it shortly prior knowing this) I bought a replacement starter as the amateur inside was worn from age and use. So the autolec tested/inspected/cleaned and installed it and its been great since. It certainly paid for itself :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now