K50 Thrust Bearing

JordyKE

Hey guys,

So i've put in my K50 gearbox a few months ago, and it feels as if i forgot to put in the thrust bearing, i can't find it neither.

I'm yet to take the gearbox out. But when i do, what is the deal with the thrust bearing? Does it need to be a particular size for the clutch and flywheel? Because i'm actually not sure which flywheel i have on or clutch. The K50 is going on to a 5K.

So where do i get one? And is it easy to install?

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Yes it has to be the right one, you should be able to order one from any good auto parts store. Do not worry about what type of clutch or flywheel you have, the important factor is the type of gearbox, as the bearing is a press fit onto the bearing carrier. Just walk into Repco or Supercheap and tell them you want a throwout/thrust bearing for a (whatever model you have) Corolla with a 5 speed and they will look it up in their catalogue.

But seriously, I think you would know if you forgot to put the throwout bearing in.

Edited by rian

Thanks for that info. Sounds easy enough, and they're easy to put in, i've never really dealt with gearboxes.

Yeah well i put the box in ages ago, and i was rushing, and haven't started or driven in it since. And theres no pressure in the clutch pedal, so that's definitely it.

Cheers mate!

Yes it has to be the right one, you should be able to order one from any good auto parts store. Do not worry about what type of clutch or flywheel you have, the important factor is the type of gearbox, as the bearing is a press fit onto the bearing carrier. Just walk into Repco or Supercheap and tell them you want a throwout/thrust bearing for a (whatever model you have) Corolla with a 5 speed and they will look it up in their catalogue.

But seriously, I think you would know if you forgot to put the throwout bearing in.

Alright, i called up Bearing Wholesalers. Theres two different ones, to fit two different shafts. Ones got a 38mm diameter (he sais is more comon) and one has a 33mm diamater which is two and a half times the price haha. So i'll hopefully get the gearbox out and jsut measure it up and then it should be easy from there.

Cheers.