Request Info About 7K, 5K And 2C And 3C Engines

PVollmer

I came across this forum which I just joined in hopes of someone being able to help me with a vehicle that I getting ready to purchase. It's a Toyota Tamaraw FX with a 7K Engine (1.8Liter). Have no Owners Manual and am wondering where I can find info about this engine since their is limited info on the internet. Also, if I were to pull the 7K Engine (only has 69K on the engine) from my Tamaraw, would a 3C engine fit inside the engine bay (since the 2C-Diesel engine was the alternative engine for this vehicle). If I were to want a little more get up and go, would the 2C-T be a better option? I am a retired American Air Force veteran who is married to a Filipina and has decided to make the Philippines my permanent retirement home.

Thanks to all who respond.

Paul

Members dont see this ad

well..... not having had any experience with those engines other than seeing the numbers on forums, I can only offer limited advice.

If the 2c was an option, in theory, the 3c should be able to bolt in. I'd be selecting engines based around what is easiest and cheapest to get parts, and what is easiest to get registered and keep registered. in my experience, diesels aren't much fun without a turbocharger. so if you were going to go down the path of a diesel, i'd really try to put the turbocharged one in!!

Have Fun!!

Robert.