Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Adding Air Conditioning To A Ke70/4k-c

Featured Replies

Hey mate,

 

I'm in townsville too...ive got aircon on my 4k-c as well, but it doesent go.

 

Your best best would be the wreckers over near tony ireland landrover/holden, as theyre closing down very soon, so everything is dirt cheap

 

failing that, you could always try a knee freezer unit

  • Author
Hey mate,

 

I'm in townsville too...ive got aircon on my 4k-c as well, but it doesent go.

 

Your best best would be the wreckers over near tony ireland landrover/holden, as theyre closing down very soon, so everything is dirt cheap

 

failing that, you could always try a knee freezer unit

 

Thanks for the heads up on the wreckers. I'll check it out if I get a chance. How come yours doesn't go? Needs re-gassing?

 

WTF is a knee freezer?

 

Thanks dude.

 

matt

Yep, just needs re-gassing...but of course if its needs more gas, it must be leaking..and its illegal to gas a leaky aircon...so i gotta spend some dough...

 

Btw, is your car the red ae71 wagon thats often parked on kern bro`s drive?

 

 

Edit: Bugger the aircon buddy! get prepared for the cyclone!

Edited by Sidewinder

everything leaks a little

and they leak test them when the regas them :D

but don't bother doing it to a 4k. they just make you want to cry. i made the mistake

  • Author
Yep, just needs re-gassing...but of course if its needs more gas, it must be leaking..and its illegal to gas a leaky aircon...so i gotta spend some dough...

 

Btw, is your car the red ae71 wagon thats often parked on kern bro`s drive?

Edit: Bugger the aircon buddy! get prepared for the cyclone!

 

Yeah, that's it. It's a ke70, not an ae71, not that there's any difference. The body isn't in the best of shape but the engine and everything else is great. I'm gonna try to get around to sand blasing the rust out in the next few months. Someone keeps egging it on Kern Bros Drive. I'm not sure why they choose my car but it's starting to sh*t me.

 

Yeah, the cyclone. Bit of an anti-climax. We spent the weekend preparing for it and then nothing really happened. Maybe the next one will be more eventful for us.

 

Regarding the re-gassing. Isn't it pretty common for compressors of that age to require re-gassing? I don't think you should necessarily assume that it's leaking. Out of interest, how slow is your car when the a/c is running? Does it make a huge difference to the power?

 

matt

Regarding the re-gassing. Isn't it pretty common for compressors of that age to require re-gassing? I don't think you should necessarily assume that it's leaking. Out of interest, how slow is your car when the a/c is running? Does it make a huge difference to the power?

 

correctamondo!

 

lol, very very slow. even compared to a normal ke70

on highway, 100 k's. put the aircon on if your on 1/3 throttle go to 2/3's.

I'm sure it halves the power my car has. not _AS_ bad at slower speeds, but don't try to accelerate in a hurry :D

havent tested it performance wise yet, as I'm still working to register the car in my name (mucking about with rwc....owner is in brisbane and hence i can't insure it...not driving it uninsured) but the aircon is uber-uncold...so not really worth it...

 

about the egging, have you considered a car cover?

  • Author
havent tested it performance wise yet, as I'm still working to register the car in my name (mucking about with rwc....owner is in brisbane and hence i can't insure it...not driving it uninsured) but the aircon is uber-uncold...so not really worth it...

 

about the egging, have you considered a car cover?

 

Like I said, the body isn't in the greatest shape anyway so I'm content just hosing it off for now. Once I sand blast the rust, fill the holes, get a replacement front left quarter panel, a replacement front bumper and respray the thing, I might then be inclined to take further action against the eggs.

 

But surely the a/c would be useful if you got it regassed, no? So what needs to be done before it's roadworthy?

 

Anywho, I'm still intrigued by this knee-freezer thingo. What's the story?

 

matt

 

ps - I saw a nice looking ke30 (maybe?) wagon at uni today. It's blue and looks in great nick. Have you seen it around?

nah the aircon wouldnt be worth it...it already takes me 3 hours and a tow to reach 100km/h because of my 4k-c auto.. sloowwwww

 

can't bear to think how bad it would be if you added aircon to the equation....nightmares!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.