April 24, 201313 yr comment_654225 hey everyone, not to long ago i got my first corolla after wanting one for ages. I found a one in excellent condition. But i think it might have carby issues. also the timing is jumping about 2-3 degrees and it idles bit S*%T. I would like to know what would be involved in changing it to a WEBER or any other carby that may be better? and what would be any possible reasons for the idle? What would i do with the vacuum lines which ones could i block off etc etc. might be a stupid question but this is the first carby car i have had much to do with. any help would be appreciated. Report
June 10, 201313 yr comment_658545 Same here luke. I just gotten an ae82 carb a few months ago. I have no knowledge as to to how it works lol. Mine hesitates when first starting from a low gear like first or second. I was told that it was from vacuum lines leaking. Cold starts have the idle higher than idle because of the choke. Does your rev high all the time? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now