Ae101 4Agze Gearbox Linkage Problem

1N5AN3

Hey everyone need some help plz, I've done a conversion into my 1994 Toyota corolla hatch. Everything is fine apart from I can't select first and second gear??? It is running the gear shift and linkages from the half cut (toyota levin) I'm now thinking do I have to go back to the standard shift and linkages??? Sound easy but with no room between the fire wall and motor makes it kinda hard, that's why I'm looking for some help b4 I do so lol, anyone done this and have one working fine thanks???

Members dont see this ad

The donor motor was from a Levin and not an MR2 ? As I understand the linkage works the other way around on the MR2.

If you've taken the whole linkage system across you should be fine. My AE93 has the 4AGZE and gearbox from an AE111 and uses the standard AE93 selector. The selector from an AE101 is actually the cheap 'short shift' upgrade for this car as well. Check your cables are all adjusted properly and get someone to move the gearstick while you stick you head in there and see if it is moving the linkage arms. Other check would be to disconnect the cables and check the movement of the linkages on the gearbox manually. May seem hard to reach, but you can undo a few screws and 'fold' a whole bunch of the electrical harness onto the top of the motor without unplugging any wires, that will then give you easy access to the linkages from above.