February 18, 201412 yr comment_677768 Just picked up my TE72 yesterday and I love it! First thing in order is getting it legal but after that is suspension. I'm looking at picking up AE86 Hubs, knuckles, brake rotors and calipers. Wondering if I need the steering arms as well or anything else? I've read a lot on the KE70 and wondering how much of that information translates to the TE72. Is it basically the same? Report
March 6, 201412 yr comment_678915 No, the pitch on the steering arms is the same as the pitch on AE86 struts. I'm running AE86 power steering arms with series 3 TE72 struts. It doesn't directly translate, the T stuff is generally a bit bigger. To put my struts in to my KE70 I had to swap the top hats on the struts to the KE70 ones, as the TE72 ones messed up the castor. Thinking about it, unless you're getting the JDM AE86 brakes or wanting to do a brake upgrade there probably isn't much point in putting in AE86 struts. The wheel bearings and discs are roughly the same size, so it won't really be an upgrade. The TE72 has the larger diameter struts, so you can put good shocks in it, unlike the KE70. You've also got the good diff (T diff). A lot of it translates reasonably well between KE70, TE72 and AE86, but there are often minor differences. Search and ask questions about what you want to do. A lot of it has been done before :) Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now