Ke26 4X114 Conversion.... (Help Please!)

Dadams

Hey guys,

Please don't be hating on the newbie here!!

So, long story short I'm a proud new owner of a 2 door ke26, shes got a fresh 4k which is mildly worked, 50mm of low (not low enough!) a seriously overrated interior and is in pretty fair shape for an original non paneled car....

My dilemma is this..

Car came on 12 inch standard rims with white wall flappers, which looked ok, but seeings as somebody else had rolled it looking like that I just had to change it.. I'm going for that jdm style of look, always loved it, so I thought I'd chuck on some 14x6.5 ssr formula stars that iv had sitting around off my old ae86. No problems right? Wrong! Found a set of ke30 front hubs, bolted up, sweeeeeeet as!!! No dramas on the front, shit be mean! However rear is not so easy....

Took axles and drums to a recommended engineer to be re-drilled, sounds easy enough right.. well maybe not... After them pissing and moaning about how long it took them and how they more or less did it for free (still stung me $200) I took said parts home with a gleam in my eye and excited about new rim fitment (as we all would) and then hello, shit doesn't work... Hmmmmm

Got a engineer friend over with a dti to do some measurements and turns out the ʞ©$ɟed it up. ʞ©$ɟed it up really good... YAY!!

After a short rowl with them they pretty much aint guna come tho the party so here I am with my sweet new whip that is undriveable..

What I need to know is this...

What is the cheapest way to sort this?

Looks like I'm up for new replacement drums whichever way I go (no more meat in them for a 3rd set of holes) and axles may as well go on the bin.

Have read that ke3x shit works if you take 5mm off the axle spline, so that could be the best option. But would be a massive help if anybody could shed some light on this, old uncle Google doesnt have alot of info this time around....

Would like to do this as cheap as pos as I'm fast running out of funds and just want to drive the damn thing!!

Thanks heaps in advance guys...

Members dont see this ad

Get early KE30 axles and shorten them 5mm and whack them in. I also heard a rumour there are Datsuns with identical diffs but in 114.3.

Yea I have a datsun h165 (1200 ute) diff hear, but is in need of a brake rebuild and will need modded spring mounts, drive shaft, hand brake etc to fit. Is a much larger unit so axles are a no go, so its just going to sit till the 4age is built and ready to go in!

Hey mate.

I did this on my ke25. You have to get rear axels from ke30 with a banjo diff.

Just use a drop saw and cut of 5mm off each spline. Then tidy up edges so they will slide in nicely. Bolt up and bobs your uncle. Use the hubs from Ke30 aswell since the pcd is different aswell.

Cheers

Tenny