September 26, 201412 yr comment_688810 Hi everybody! I'm new when it comes to old rollas and need some help! I have a 3K-C engine in my ke36 with a k40 gearbox but thinking of replace it with a k50 from a starlet. Is this possible? looks like the rear end of the gearbox is not the same, is it possible to change the rear end? And the biggest question, should I do it or is my k40 a keeper?? (I'm from sweden so my english spelling could be wrong sometimes) Report
September 27, 201412 yr comment_688846 It should pretty much be a straight swap. I have a K50 in my ke30 which replaced the Auto, all I needed was a drive shaft from a manual and then it went straight in. There are a couple of different shifter positions for the k50 box, one is slightly further back than the other but both bolt to the engine/drive shaft ok, you just might need to move the hole in the tunnel for the new shifter position if that's the k50 box you have. Report
September 27, 201412 yr Author comment_688848 Okej, thanks!! Dp you know if it's possible to swith the rear part on the the gearbox? Instead of make new hole for the shifter? Report
September 27, 201412 yr Author comment_688849 Okej, thanks!! Dp you know if it's possible to swith the rear part on the the gearbox? Instead of make new hole for the shifter? Report
September 27, 201412 yr comment_688852 Not on the K series box. you might find this helpful. http://www.rollaclub.com/wiki/index.php?title=Tech:Engine/K_Series/Manual_Gearbox Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now