November 11, 201411 yr comment_690529 Hi Just wondering if a 7k or 5k carburettor+manifolds can be put straight onto a 3k Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690531 7k & 5k are van engines. Why do you want their carb/mani? Are you referring to the EFI setup? Report
November 11, 201411 yr Author comment_690532 aren't their carbies bigger for their respective engine size? bigger carby = happy motor Report
November 11, 201411 yr comment_690533 I know the 5k carbs are the same size as the 4k carbs. I don't know about the 7k ones. The fuel jets inside the carb are larger which means more fuel. This is not necessarily a good thing if other areas of the engines performance haven't been addressed. You best bet is a 4k carb on a 3k. Report
November 11, 201411 yr Author comment_690535 I know the 5k carbs are the same size as the 4k carbs. I don't know about the 7k ones. The fuel jets inside the carb are larger which means more fuel. This is not necessarily a good thing if other areas of the engines performance haven't been addressed. You best bet is a 4k carb on a 3k. That answer works for me, thanks Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now