So... I haven't been keeping this updated, apologies.
Just looking at where I left off and so many things have happened.
She now has a fully functioning 67 column switch and steering wheel (all in perfect stock condition).
About 6 months ago I took her back off the road with engine problems. It turns out she had done the rings on one cylinder.
I picked up a cheap 4k and proceeded to spend $1k getting it in and "running"... only to find out it was a dud.
Note to self, always start with a compression test!
I then decided to bite the bullet and send the 5k off for a full rebuild, not a cheap process.
While she was getting rebuilt I had everything painted back to stock 67 colours (block, sump and fittings).
We ended up fitting the engine the day before the Mighty Car Mods Perth meet... and she made it to the meet!
She's now getting me to work and back every day. Not without issues (lumpy cam and Toyoglide... fun times) but she's going ok.
I took her out to Toyota WA's show and shine on the weekend... and managed to take best in show!!
It's not a journey that ever ends but it's getting there :)