Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5K Carby

Featured Replies

hi just chasing the difference between 3,4 and 5k carbies as I'm chasing a new unit to put on a junior sedan and as far I I can tell are all the same in fitment but am unsure wether the jets are any bigger on the 5k ones?? and at around $250 delivered to my door may be a good place to start seeing as all is brand new any help would be appreciated thanks Darren

I don't have any throat/jet measurements, but the carbs differed greatly from 3K to 4K in their emissions gear.

 

The late model 4K KE70 carbs have a spaghetti of hoses on them to apparently be more environmentally friendly and probably suck all the power out.

 

Also keep in mind a 5K carb is from a van, they were probably intended for all low-down power, I'd be surprised if they breathe well up high.

 

I know 3K carbs have manual secondaries, I'm not sure if any come with vacuum secondaries. Others probably know.

 

As you're running off the street and you're probably building a lot yourself, my recommendation would be to get the cheapest carb you can, tear off all the emissions crap and plug up any holes, rebuild it with a $50 kit off eBay, and see how it goes. If you need more air, lathe out the throats a tiny bit at a time, and drill the jets if required.

 

I have a 3K carb I did this to and managed to get it almost perfect, very responsive at all throttle positions. It'd run out of air at 8500rpm on a worked 060 over 4K. The only emissions gear I ran was a hot idle valve but you probably don't even need that.

Edited by Super Jamie

  • Author

thanks Jamie wasn't sure wether it would work so i'll grab either a new 4k or 3k one pollution gear will go straight away as will choke butterfly I think I read a post here earlier saying 4k carb was better on a 3k so I might do a bit more research an forget the 5k

Yeah I take the choke butterflies out too, just run rich idle.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.