March 21, 201511 yr comment_695242 Hey guys, New to the rolla life, recently picked up an 82' ae70, its lowered but the shocks arn't the best. I've heard about weld on coils and stuff but I'm really just looking for short stroke shocks and lowering springs. Just not really sure where to buy new parts and what parts can fit without any modifications. Do 86 shocks,struts,springs fit into this year? Any and all info is highly appreciated guys, thanks! Report
March 23, 201511 yr comment_695334 1982 - the upper strut mounts should(may be) the same as AE86 that way almost all of the AE86 performance bits should work. - not sure about the springs) As to short stroke... Tokico likely still offers the HTS102, it is an adjustable short stroke shock. Some may recommend to swap in AE86 strut housings... (I did this), but do to the shock towers being 12mm differently spaced, to use AE86 struts you must compensate for the 12mm. I compensated with adjustable lower control arms... Edited March 23, 201511 yr by oldeskewltoy Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now