KE30 Indicator not working

KE30Corolla

Hey guys, 

My KE30's left indicator has ceased to work. When I flick the indicator up, the light stays on in the dash but there are no lights on, on the exterior. 

I just took my car in to get serviced and asked the mechanic about it, however, he stated that he wouldn't be able to find the part for it and won't be able to fix it. 

I've read up on some other random forums that it could be the Flasher Unit. 

What have everyone else's experience been like with this and how easy of a fix is it? 

Members dont see this ad

It could well be the flasher unit, which looks like a relay, & usually resides down behind removable the kick plate, adjacent to the drivers right foot. (that is if you reside in Australia)

However, as the light bulbs's load actually determines the flasher rate, there could be a number of other things, that could stop it flashing. I suggest removing all six (6) bulbs & testing them individually, to make sure they all work properly.  Clean their bayonets up, & the socket, before refitting the bulbs.  Make sure that all bulbs are the correct size & Watts rating.  Also look under the steering column, & make sure none of the electrical plugs or sockets, have come loose.  Don't replace the bulbs with LED ones !

If all that looks & tests OK, then you will need a test lamp & a wiring diagram to work through, to work out where the issue is.  Check earthing of the flasher unit.

P.S.  If you are pretty sure it might be the flasher unit, the best way would be to "borrow" one from a known working Rolla, & substitute it for yours.

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo