Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4K-c turbo blow thru setup with stock carby?

Featured Replies

  • Author

I’ve heard they can handle 6 pretty safe. But 8 and 10 shortened the life of the a fair bit haha 

ive got mine set to 8 psi but I will give it a go on 10 as well. 

Didnt seem to build up to much boost free reving but should be alright under load. I didn’t look at the boost gauge when I started it.

tuning it is definitely going to be abit of a nightmare that’s for sure 

 

Edited by Mr.pickles

Nah, it won't boost free-reving, that takes no power to do.

If you haven't done it already, PM 68KE15 and Taz_Rx and ask them what advance and jets they used, at least they've both built turbo 4Ks in the past.

You'll end up needing a mixture display or some dyno time to make sure the mixture doesn't lean out somewhere in the power curve. I've used a mixture display a lot, I like being able to glance at it under all sorts of driving conditions.

  • Author

I have already drilled the jet out. But I was under the impression that the secondary jet is 1.7mm?

I have another 2 carbys with stock jet if it’s not right

Were any numbers stamped on it? I thought they were 1.53mm, but it could be anything with so many carbs for different countries.   1.7 to 1.8 would be good.

Anyway, give it a whizz and see how it goes!

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Hmm... second oil feed fitting has rocked up and it to does not fit 🤦‍♂️ Seems the same size but must be the wrong thread.. turbo is an eBay tdo5. does anyone know if there are more then one different tdo5? Or why they don’t fit? 

Cheers mr.p 

2053AD07-FDA2-4B62-BFF1-9C431C5561C1.png

  • 4 weeks later...

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.