Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3tgte

Featured Replies

Of course you can.

 

However:

 

How much money do you have?

 

What state do you live in? All states have different legal requirements.

 

How handy are you mechanically?

 

Anything can be made to fit with the right will power and cash.

 

Can you handle a 30 year old car with bulk horsepower?

 

Are you upgrading gearbox?

 

Are you upgrading diff?

 

Are you upgrading brakes?

 

Clutch will require a hydraulic system.

 

etc.

 

You ask a very vague question, to which there are many answers.

 

R

  • Author

*ok well i will be getting a new box. and with the diff i will keep it 2 i kill it.

*do i have to change the mounts.

*moneys coming from my dad so its not to bad

*the ke30 is my 1st car and i dunno really about it

*i know a lot of people that willbe able th help me with it all

 

i just kinda just need to know how to fit it

 

i live in the act.

Edited by c budge

*ok well i will be getting a new box. and with the diff i will keep it 2 i kill it.

 

Diff will last until the first serious time you side-step the clutch.

 

*do i have to change the mounts.

 

Yes.

 

*moneys coming from my dad so its not to bad

*the ke30 is my 1st car and i dunno really about it

 

I apologise in advance to the guy you're looking to buy the engine off, however, please, Please, PLEASE reconsider putting something like a 3TGTE in you're first car. Seriously. The best thing you could do for yourself is to get a nice little 5K and putt around in that for the first 12 months at least. The BEST thing my father made me do was make me have my first car mostly standard, and keep it for at least twelve months, or until I crashed it. (It lasted the year.) What you need as a new driver is car time, road experience and all the driver eduction that you can lay your hands on.

 

You do not need that kind of grunt as a P-plater. In at least two states you (vic and NSW) could not legally drive it anyway.

 

I make these suggestions (which I rarely do) from a 15 year background in motorsport, and from the view as a professional driver and advanced driving instructor (and fellow road user), in the hope that you don't end up like many inexperienced drivers before you, and sadly do something bad to your pride and joy, yourself, and possibly me or my family.

*i know a lot of people that willbe able th help me with it all

i just kinda just need to know how to fit it

 

Excellent, but make sure you do most of the work yourself, that's the best way to learn.

 

i live in the act.

 

I hope your heater works really well. :dance:

 

Please, I'm not trying to be smart, I'm just concerned. Anyone that knows me will know that this took me an age to type, something I don't do lightly.

 

Cheers

 

Rob

Edited by Redwarf

Diff will last until the first serious time you side-step the clutch.

Yes.

I apologise in advance to the guy you're looking to buy the engine off, however, please, Please, PLEASE reconsider putting something like a 3TGTE in you're first car. Seriously. The best thing you could do for yourself is to get a nice little 5K and putt around in that for the first 12 months at least. The BEST thing my father made me do was make me have my first car mostly standard, and keep it for at least twelve months, or until I crashed it. (It lasted the year.) What you need as a new driver is car time, road experience and all the driver eduction that you can lay your hands on.

 

You do not need that kind of grunt as a P-plater. In at least two states you (vic and NSW) could not legally drive it anyway.

 

I make these suggestions (which I rarely do) from a 15 year background in motorsport, and from the view as a professional driver and advanced driving instructor (and fellow road user), in the hope that you don't end up like many inexperienced drivers before you, and sadly do something bad to your pride and joy, yourself, and possibly me or my family.

Excellent, but make sure you do most of the work yourself, that's the best way to learn.

I hope your heater works really well. :dance:

 

Please, I'm not trying to be smart, I'm just concerned. Anyone that knows me will know that this took me an age to type, something I don't do lightly.

 

Cheers

 

Rob

 

Never have truer words been spoken....and ALOT of people need to take this advice. I was fortunate enough to have a 351 Falcon as my first car, I did not do one single stupid thing in it for the first 3 years of having my license, and I am very glad I took that time to learn how to handle myself.

can i put a 3tgte in a ke30..

 

This is all good advise people if you do an advanced driver trainning course and Shit yourself under control conditions. Well as the Reddwarf says you will be out and as New drivers do experiment and loose conrol at the wrong time with No where to go. We have all done it to some extent. Stay standard and collect all your bits/knowledge etc.

Then when you hit Oil patches after rain sprinkles etc \other inexperienced or truely ignorante drivers you will have 1/2 a chance because you are not driving a Street Race car with Pre school experience. Hey its all Good and Good Luck with the

Build. Later Chris

Ps I say this because with that horsepower you will Drag somebody sometime/.

  • Author

hey thats for that but i'm not really in the racing part of it all. i have spent over $1500 just on paint and thats just the start.. i have a bit of driving ex mum dads best firned is a rally diver and i go out with him somethings and i'k kinda getting to know how quick things happen a... well thanks for all that. but i'm still kinda keen on the 3tgte so i still need know watto do the get my car on the road and hopefl not off the road just a quick thanks

  • Author

how much does the 3tgte have i was looking at some info on the net at it told me about 145kw with a bit of work

hey thats for that but i'm not really in the racing part of it all.

 

Exactly. I'm talking about the road part of driving. 140kw in a 980 kg car is not what I'dike to see new drivers doing anything in.

 

I also know some "rally drivers" who couldn't drive a nail.

 

*sigh* Nobody can say I didn't try.....

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.