Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4a-f Engine, K50 Gearbox

Featured Replies

Sorry for my mistakes on the last post... Here it's corrected!

 

Hi everybody, I'm Sebastian from San Jose - Uruguay, and I'm just about to buy my first car, a ke70.

I been reading the forums all over but i can't find the answer to my question, the corolla that I'm buying,

has the 4K engine resting in the back completly dismanteled. I can find for free a 4A-F engine but no T50 gearbox

so I was wondering if the 4A could be mounted easily with the K50 gearbox.

 

I just found this on wikipedia, but i don't know if its correct, here it goes:

K50

 

Ratios:

First Gear: 3.789:1

Second Gear: 2.220:1

Third Gear: 1.435:1

Fourth Gear: 1.00:1

Fifth Gear: 0.865:1

 

Applications:

- All 5-speed Starlets and Corollas with K-series engines,

- 1986 Corolla with 3A-U and 4A-U engines

 

 

My thinking is, if the K50 came with the 3A-U and the 4A-U , its very posible to fit also the 4A-F, or there is a big difference between these

 

Sorry for the bad English, i wait for your answer

K50 bolts up to K series engines.

 

You need a T50 for an A series engine.

 

Cheers, Rob

Hi Sebastian.

 

The K50 gearbox that this article refers to is found in the AE70 and AE85 corolla. It came behind an A series engine and uses a cable clutch. It looks very much the same as the KE70 K50 but has bellhousing for the A series engine.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.