October 9, 200718 yr comment_202361 The Shannons Motoring Extravaganza for 2008 is now in the planning stages. This has been a GREAT event for the last two years, and in 2008, I REALLY want to see a RollaClub display. There will be a cost involved, but it'd be nice to get a few members' cars together to show people that we exist as a club and have some club pride. I WILL be putting some of my own cars on display, and would like some of you to do the same. This is why I'm giving you so much warning - this way we'll be able to get the cars prepared in time. At this stage, I plan on displaying: ST205 KE55 TA22 I would also LIKE to see: AW11 (Shane) AE82 (Stephen) ZZE123 (Meg) KE10 (ake_10) - if he's in the country at the time AE82 (Tim) Obviously any and all of you are welcome, but I'd like to ensure that we have a well presented display. I know that the KE55 looks like shit, so I'll be giving it a lick of paint and a freshen up so it actually looks reasonable. And hopefully the TA22 will be ready and road registered before this show. I'm also hoping that Rhys (rusty) might be able to help us out with painting of vehicles, but I'm yet to chat to him about this. Obviously May is a fair way away, but I'd like to know if any of you would be interested in getting a club display together. You don't have to commit for certain yet. That won't happen till about February at the earliest. But if you're interested, post below and we can start planning. :y: Edited January 17, 200818 yr by ancullen DATE CHANGED TO 14th & 15th OF JUNE 2008 Report
October 10, 200718 yr comment_202475 YUP YUP YUP ill be in my cars pritttyyyy what about poor dannos lol Report
October 10, 200718 yr Author comment_202478 As I said, anyone's welcome. But I am angling towards getting the prettier cars there. Although Danno's looks better than mine at the moment, I'm going to be correcting that issue. :y: Report
October 10, 200718 yr comment_202516 f@$k YEAH, THE BITCH WILL BE PAINTED THEN TO :y: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!! BLACK :dance: w/ BLACK RIMZORS WITH the CHROME LIP JA But yeah Adam, would be good, no offence to some but it would probably be best if only the "prettier" cars were presented, however with that being said people have presented some rather "..." cars and project cars. All Corolla's are sexy in my eyes :cool: Report
October 10, 200718 yr Author comment_202521 Cool - that should be five cars minimum then. That's a nice start, and it would make a nice display even if that's all we get. The only issue would be that there'd only be two Corollas, along with two Celicas and an MR2. At least two supercharged cars though. :y: Report
October 10, 200718 yr Author comment_202534 And between the five cars we'd have over 800hp. That's not including any extra power gained from mods. If I got the TA22 twin-cammed and supercharged in time, it'd be at least 200hp, so that'd give us a figure of over 900hp, and if we include the extra power Shane will be making from the new pulley and intercooler (and exhaust), then we'd be over 950hp. And just so you know how I'm working these figures out: AW11: 145hp (about 200hp with Shane's planned mods) AE82: 160hp (it's just a standard silvertop at the moment) KE55: 160hp (standard AE101 4A-GZE) TA22: 100hp - with stock 13T, 200+hp with 13T-GZEU ST205: 240hp It'd be nice to have five cars lined up and say that we've got over 1,000hp between us. If a certain person hurried up and turbo'd his AE82 before the car show we'd be set. That should give an EASY 250+hp (at the engine), so we'd be well over 1,000hp between us. Report
October 10, 200718 yr comment_202625 don't give me a reason to do it, only reason I could do it is to take out a loan lol. We shall see, I have 6-7months :D Time is a ticking :D I would also need a sticker :D Edited October 10, 200718 yr by Pure-SX Report
October 11, 200718 yr Author comment_202642 I keep forgetting you don't yet have a sticker. EVERYONE will have one in time for the motorshow. Report
October 11, 200718 yr comment_202658 I better have. :D Depends on how much wallet is over the xmas period will determine what is done to the car by then Report
November 2, 200718 yr comment_206735 Have we decided whether we will be displaying it as ROLLACLUB or going with that imports Idea I realise it is still very early, but would be good to get it set out asap. Report
November 2, 200718 yr Author comment_206736 It's better we decide early, so I'm glad you brought this up. My preference is to do a RollaClub display. That way we can control it within the club and won't have to rely on others. Are you still all in for a RollaClub display (non Corollas are allowed). Do we want to exclude non-Toyotas? Report
November 2, 200718 yr comment_206744 yea ill be up for that might go buy a electric polisher this arvo, and some polish and replace the dodgy pinstrip i have Report
November 2, 200718 yr comment_206745 Ideally as rollaclub would only be corollas, but I guess we could include Toyota's. I would definetly stop it at that though. But IMHO solely rollas would be better but I doubt we would have the numbers so a few toyotas would be good but would mainly focus on the corollas. I will probably enter my car in the dyno even if its not turbo'd I might be able to take home the NA 4cylinder :P. Doubtful but ohh well. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now